For most of us our property is the biggest financial investment of our lives and with that much at stake it’s important to use an experienced leasehold conveyancer when selling your property in order to avoid costly mistakes and delays. As accredited members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme our Wolverhampton based expert solicitors have helped thousands of clients to make the right move providing a fast, friendly and cost effective fixed fee leasehold conveyancing service.
A broad outline of the legal work involved in the sale of a property includes:
- Taking your initial instructions
- Obtaining copies of your title deeds and preparing the sale contract and replies to standard pre-contract enquiries
- Obtaining necessary information from your Landlord and any Management Company
- Agreeing the terms of the contract for the sale with the Solicitors for the Buyer
- Answering such additional pre-contract enquiries as may be raised on behalf of the Buyer
- Exchanging contracts whereupon the transaction becomes legally binding upon all parties
- Replying to Requisitions on title and agreeing the terms of the Transfer to the Buyer
- Completing the sale and discharging any mortgage(s) affecting the property
- Accounting to you with the net proceeds of sale (if any) and subject to receiving your authority so to do, discharging any selling agent’s commission
Our conveyancing fees range from £600 to £1,800 plus VAT depending on the type of property involved, its location and your own personal circumstances. We’d be happy to provide you with a detailed breakdown of these costs for your sale – just give us a call now on 01902 577771 or fill in the form here. Our Fixed Fee Leasehold Conveyancing Quotation is totally free and without any obligation.
To give you an idea of the various costs involved we’ll take the example of leasehold registered residential property selling for £148,689 (according to Land Registry figures that’s the average price of a property in Wolverhampton as of July 2018).
Solicitor’s Fees £800 plus VAT
These cover the cost of the legal work involved in the sale.
Bank Transfer Fee £20 plus VAT
We make this charge only where we need to send money electronically as part of the conveyancing transaction
Referral Fee £0.00
We don’t believe in buying business – clients choose to use us because they like the quality of our work, the speed of our service and the ability to talk directly with the solicitor dealing with their purchase – so you don’t have to pay us more so that we can pay estate agents referral fees
Mortgage Redemption Fee £0.00
Unlike other conveyancing firms we don’t charge you any extra if we also act for a mortgage lender who is member of UK Finance – all of the major high street banks and building societies are members.
These are the fees that have to be paid to third parties in respect of searches and registration fees which are a necessary part of the conveyancing process:
Land Registry – official copies of title register and plan – £6.00
Management Company Fees
If the property is located on a development that’s subject to a service charge then, dependent on the information that you are able to provide us with, we may need to raise enquiries of the management company providing the services – the fee payable to the management company for dealing with these will vary dependant on the development and we won’t know the amount of this until we have been able to consider your title papers.
Dependent on the information that you are able to provide us with, we may need to raise enquiries of your Landlord – the fee payable to the Landlord for dealing with these will vary dependant on the development and we won’t know the amount of this until we have been able to consider your title papers.
We’d love to help you make your next move. To find out more about our conveyancing services and to get your FREE personalised fixed fee leasehold conveyancing quote CALL us now on 01902 577771 or fill in the form here