For straightforward matters where you are confident that you can deal with a large amount of the work yourself (including collecting in all the assets and distributing the Estate) you can limit our involvement to simply obtaining a Grant of Probate and you do the rest. Where this applies we will:-
- Obtain details of the assets and liabilities of the Estate
- Prepare an Oath for submission to the Probate Registry
- Prepare an Inland Revenue Account
- Arrange for the Oath to be sworn
- Apply for the Grant of Probate
- Supply you with the Sealed Grant of Probate and Office Copies
How much will it cost?
The price we charge will depend upon whether or not the Estate is liable to pay Inheritance Tax. For Estate’s which are not subject to Inheritance Tax our fee is £700.00, for those which are subject to Inheritance Tax our fee is £950.00. Our fees will also attract VAT.
There are also fees payable to third parties and the court fee payable to the Probate Registry (currently £155.00).
If you ask us to do any additional work then that will attract an extra cost.
How long will it take?
To a large extent we are in the hands of the Probate Registry and like many Government funded departments they have suffered from cut backs in recent years. As a result you can expect the process to take between 2 – 4 months.