For expert legal assistance when transferring equity in a property contact the local transfer of equity specialists at Rees Page Solicitors on 01902 577777 or request a call back using our contact form.
What is transfer of equity?
A Transfer of Equity takes place when a property owner either adds one or more people as owners of a property, or when they remove one or more people from the title.
There can be many reasons why you would want to transfer part of a property to or from another person and we’ve helped many clients transfer equity in their properties for a whole range of reasons, including:
- Adding spouses and partners as owners when couples are getting married, entering a civil partnership or starting to live together
- Removing spouses and partners from the title deeds in the cases of separation or divorce
- Transferring shares in property as part of estate or tax planning
- Gifting an interest in a property to a family member
- Giving effect to a Court Order for the transfer of the Property.
How to start the process of equity transfer
If you’re considering a transfer of equity call us today on 01902 577777 for a free initial chat with one of our experienced conveyancing team – we’ll be happy to discuss any questions that you may have. Every case is different and when we have been able to review your requirements we will provide you with practical advice on the next steps, the likely timescale and a clear understanding of the costs that will be involved.