If you’re looking to remortgage your home or buy to let property, our experienced conveyancers can help. Our specialist remortgage solicitors are accredited members of the Law Society’s Quality Conveyancing Scheme and we’ve helped thousands of people to remortgage their property.
A remortgage is where you take out a new mortgage on a property that you already own. You may be remortaging to save money by replacing your existing mortgage with one which has a lower interest rate, or to borrow money against your property.
Our remortgage solicitors work on agreed timescales and keep you well-informed in whatever way works best for you; by telephone, email, post, calling in at our office; whatever makes you feel most comfortable. You can find out more about the costs of remortgaging here.
A broad outline of the legal work involved in the re-mortgage is:
- Taking your initial instructions.
- Obtaining title information and checking that you have a good title to the property (which means that you have proper documentation to support your ownership).
- Submitting searches of the appropriate authorities (where required) and raising enquiries (if necessary) with you.
- Ensuring that you are satisfied with the mortgage offer you receive.
- Dealing with any conditions set by the Lender and reporting to them on the title to the Property.
- Checking your mortgage offer and making the pre-completion legal arrangements and checks and obtaining an up to date redemption figure for your existing mortgage.
- Obtaining the mortgage money from your lender and any balance that we need from you.
- Completing the mortgage
- Registering the new mortgage at the Land Registry which may take some weeks, although this will make no practical difference from your point of view.
We’d love to help with the legal work on your remortgage. To find out more about our conveyancing services and to obtain your FREE personalised FIXED FEE conveyancing quote CALL our remortgaging solicitors in Wolverhampton now on 01902 577771 or leave a message here or REQUEST A CALLBACK below from one of our Wolverhampton Conveyancing Team.